I’m quite late, but these need to be written down.
I think all of us change quite a bit every year, whether we realize it or not. This time, I want to have some more control over how I change, and so, I’m putting together this list of goals so that I actually have a chance of remembering these things. Maybe I’ll even be enticed to make a real effort to do them.
So here are my resolutions for the rest of this year:
- Make a greater effort to know exactly who my family members are and how I’m related to them (I am planning a rather large family-tree project pretty soon)
- Try to wear my clothes a little less sloppily, maybe make an effort to actually look presentable more often
- Minimize self-guilt and let go of the old friends and memories that end up dragging me down, and at the same time
maintainSTRENGTHEN the relationships that are worth being kept.
- Have the wisdom and courage to decide which friendships are worth being kept
- Keep working hard, even if and after I do transfer this Fall
- ORGANIZE better,
- maybe start actually finishing some of your assignments in ADVANCE for one
- Read at least one novel for leisure every two months.
- be better-than-crappy at WTP judging
- get a job and provide yourself with some stable form of income
- learn how to properly take a break once in a while
- practice Clarinet more often
- Be a better brother; leave my sister with the tools she needs to actually understand my parents
- Get a decent amount of exercise to reduce my unending digestive problems
- Keep sane
- Somehow get my parents to realize that it is okay to let me go.
- Take the trouble to go out and make new friends
- Find a moderate path in my life
- Read Supreme Court cases more often
- Create a systemized way to research things